From:
Claire Pillsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 15:20:57 -0800
A very sturdy style of "A" Frame Sheet and Panel Truck is available through
McMaster Carr. (This amazing company has all sorts of supplies, industrial
equipment and furniture, unusual materials, and specialty hardware)  They
have great service and the delivery speed is unreal.
The model they show comes in seven sizes and is made of steel with 2000 lb
capacity(!). Cost ranges from 290 to 360 bucks depending on size (36" - 72"
in length).  I'm thinking that you could screw on plywood "slipcovers" over
the metal and staple or hot glue carpet - changing whenever it got worn out
or dirty.
To enquire further - Call McMaster Carr at  310-692-5911.  They are in Los
Angeles area but ship all over the US and internationally as well.

>I'm shopping for picture carts, too.  But I've reached the conclusion that
>every museum has come up with their own solution.  Nevertheless it would be
>great if we could tackle this one as a topic for all the REGISTRARS on the
>list (and any stray art handlers who might be lurking!).
>
>Suzanne Quigley
>Head Registrar, Collections and Exhibitions
>Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
>1071 Fifth Avenue
>New York, NY 10128
>212 423 3568
>fax: 212 423 3650
>email: [log in to unmask]
>

>>Does anyone have a source for carts for moving framed artwork?  I know I could
>>design and produce my own, or farm the job out to a cabinet shop, but I
>>thought I would check here first.

Claire Pillsbury, Exhibit Developer,
email - [log in to unmask]    TEL: 408-279-7136, FAX: 408-279-7197

Tech Museum of Innovation
145 West San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA  95113-2006
USA