From:
Claire Pillsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 1995 16:49:12 -0800
>I have been asked to design a six week travel course to visit innovative
>museums in Europe. This would include the best in contemporary architec-
>tural design, outstanding architectural renovations, recreations, or site
>presentations. Also of interest would be forward thinking exhibition designs.

I would highly reccommend the completely renovated installation of Paris'
"La Grand Galerie du Museum d'Histoire Naturelle  (Natural History Museum)
in the Jardin des Plantes.  I think this has been open only about a year or
less after years and years of being under construction.  Sell out crowds
for months but I was able to get in June of this year without a problem.
Tremendous drama, much of it from elegantly stark and radical (risky?)
installation (mostly the taxidermed animals are right out there in the
space with you rather than in sealed cases).  Wonderful use of lighting.
Beautiful through and through.  Has probably been written up in
design/architecture magazines if you wanted to obtain images or read about
it.

I 'm curious about something though,  who is planning this tour? - do you
work for an art or design or architecture organization or is this a private
custom tour for some clients?

>*      Rebecca Leuchak      *

Claire Pillsbury, Exhibit Developer,
email - [log in to unmask]    TEL: 408-279-7136, FAX: 408-279-7197

Tech Museum of Innovation
145 West San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA  95113-2006
USA