From:
Jane Thomson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 11:13:29 -0400
I am still seeking input from museum professionals on a proposed new program
at the University of Calgary, Alberta. There are currently several Master's
level programs in Museum Studies available in Canada, but nothing at the
graduate level in Alberta, and no PhD level program in Canada.
If the U of C decides to go ahead with an expanded program (we currently
offer a minor only, and it is very popular), we need to know whether we
should offer a distance education option for professionals with regular
jobs, so they could pursue studies throughout the year, perhaps taking
on-site summer courses or a couple of months at other times during the year.
Should it be a thesis-based program? Should we include offerings from
departments of architecture, business, design, computer studies? What do
people need and want in the area of museum education?
I'd be very grateful if you could take a few minutes and respond. Happy New
Year to you all.
Jane Sproull Thomson