From:
Maggie Harrer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 13:14:41 EDT

In a message dated 6/4/05 9:53:28 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

> The Discovery Institute may be slick but certainly no
> more slick than any for-profit outfit that would ask to rent the
> theatre space.

I beg to differ on this paragraph.   The Discovery Institute is EXCEEDINGLY
SLICK...and DEDICATED TO SLICKNESS..and by that you can read OBFUSCATION.
This was a VERY CALCULATED political agenda, and don't be naive and compare them
to "any other for-profit" asking to rent space.   Everything they do is
carefully calculated.   Their goal is nothing less than creating a theocracy out of
our democracy.   The very fact that they have so many layers of
disguise....including using "scientists" with degrees to give "Intelligent Design" (which in
itself is a word created to obfuscate, so that people won't realize it is
merely CREATIONISM - which is a religious philosophy and not a science) the phony
appearance of a science.

The Discovery Institute is nothing more than a political lobbying
organization determined to force creationism on our school systems in place of real
science and determined to replace our democracy with a theocracy.   DI is a
dangerious wolf in sheep's clothing, and anything they do has their goal in mind.

I am an extremely religious person, but history teaches that theocracies are
always the worst form of dictatorships - where many evils can be done in the
name of God.   The Taliban were simply doing what they believed their "God"
wanted them to do.   The Spanish Inquisition came out of the same form of
thinking.   Whenever a political group decides that they have God on their side, and
they are fighting for GOD, they are already wrong and the rest of us are in
great danger.

Do not underestimate this group nor the importance of the museum and
scientific response to their actions.   They duped the Smithsonian....and now the
Smithsonian needs to dig their way out of it.