From:
Paul Thistle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Oct 2010 15:05:48 -0400

Re: Thoughts on Open Storage systems

You can also search for the synonym subject term "visible storage."  Doing so will come up with various resources such as:

Paul C. Thistle

1997 Visible Storage for the Small Museum. In Simon Knell ed. Care of Collections. Leicester Readers in Museum Studies. (London & New York: Routledge, 1994 & 1997), pp. 187-196 [Reprint of 1990 Curator 33(1):49-62 article with editorial comment "essential reading for anyone considering the visible storage option."]. Chapter 22 beginning at page 207: http://books.google.com/books?id=-s6awQjJQU4C&pg=PA207&dq=Paul+C.+Thistle&as_brr=3&rview=1#v=onepage&q=Paul%20C.%20Thistle&f=false .

This article is based on a reveiw of pros & cons.

Respectfully yours

Paul C. Thistle