From:
Randy Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 15:32:17 -0800
Yes Cindy that is exactly what I meant.  I don't know I am a man.  I do know
of men that have been told they will be fired because he had to pick up his
child at day care everday at lunch but it took him just more then 1 hour to
pick up his child and take it home.  They said he was not longer allowed to
be late from lunch even though we are a bunch or crazy artist and he always
worked the extra time at the backend of the day.  So You can be hostle
towards men all you want and it may be the rare occasion.   I also am aware
of studies that show the difference in Married VS single workers let alone
Parents vs single workers and their productions.   Companies are in the
business of making money.   Should they treat people like that, NO.  Do they
yes.   Do I think its fare that I pay different car insurance then a woman.
 Yes but they have actuary tables with Proof that I might be a higher risks.
 I have not had a ticket or accident in 20 years but my insurance is still
higher then a female friend who has the same car.  That sounds like
discrimination to me.   Its not they have proof that I am more likely to do
something they have proof that men my age with my car tend to do something.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/412574.stm  READ THAT.    Now me personally I
prefer to hire woman over men because I am one dis organized man and woman
tend to be more organized.   I multitaks like a mad man but not effienctly.
 I have found that woman tend to beable to keep up with my half done
zillions things at once working method.  So I hire women.
( I am sure angie can attest to my scatered super ADD brain) I wish we lived
in a fair soceity or even world.  We don't and the likely hood that it will
become fair is slim to none.  I do know this.  Im my little world when I
hire someone to do a job the job comes before everything else.  Why because
if that job gets screwed up then everyone I work with is out of work and
then NO ONE has a job.  One person could potentially cost 10-15 people their
jobs.   Now I don't care how it gets done.  If you can phone it in from
thailand while surfing then more power to you and I will be jealous.  I
think studies like that one in that BBC article scares people.  I found
another arcticle that says woman are sick more (miss more work) is because
men treak them like crap at work.  So then you take that into accound.   I
don't know.   What I do know is this.

I do know men that have been discriminated agaist because of children.  and
I know that there are studies that show men work more hours and days then
woman.  Doesn't mean anything to me because I prefer to work with woman in
many case then men.  My mother worked more hours then any 2 men she worked
with so what ever.  but you don't know that the MAN was given the promotion.
 You only know that the PERSON with the older children was given the
promotion.  Any other conclusion besides that is YOU DISCRIMINATING AGAINST
MEN.