From:
Heather Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jun 2011 17:47:34 -0700
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Costume Society Western Region <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Save the date CSA-Western's Fashion at the Getty on August 6, 2011!
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear CSA Members and guests,

We know you're busy setting your summer schedules, and we want to make sure
that you have the most current and up-to-date information on our next
program, *Fashion at the Getty: Paris Life & Luxury and Fashion in the
Middle Ages*. On August 6, we will gather in Los Angeles for lunch and
curator-led tours of these two exhibitions at the Getty. *Paris: Life &
Luxury* examines the everyday activities of a Rococo Parisian town house,
including dressing. The second exhibition, *Fashion in the Middle Ages*,
explores the figures depicted in illuminated pages of medieval manuscripts,
which could be recognized at a glance by the clothing they wore.

Please watch your email for a forthcoming registration flyer and be sure to
reserve *AUGUST 6!*
*
*
*If you missed our last program, **Wardrobe as Autobiography: **The Charmian
London Collection with Jo Ann Stabb on May 14, an overview (with photos) is
available here: *Historic Costume in California State Parks: Charmian
London<http://fashionhistorian.net/blog/2011/05/16/historic-costume-in-california-state-parks/>
*.***

A quick note: As many of you may have seen, this Sunday, June 4th, at 3 pm,
the Getty presents "Dressing the Part: Historical Costume in Film." Fashion
historian Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell and costume designers James
Acheson (*Dangerous
Liaisons*) and Deborah Landis (*Indiana Jones*) discuss fashion history and
its representation in movies. Tickets are free; reserve yours at
http://tickets.getty.edu/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=1.

Best,

  Heather Vaughan

Program Chair (July 1 2010-June 30 2012)
Western Region Costume Society of America

Blog: www.fashionhistorian.net/blog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fashionhistoria