---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Costume Society Western Region <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:43 PM
Subject: Save the date CSA-Western's Fashion at the Getty on August 6, 2011!
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear CSA Members and guests,

We know you're busy setting your summer schedules, and we want to make sure that you have the most current and up-to-date information on our next program, Fashion at the Getty: Paris Life & Luxury and Fashion in the Middle Ages. On August 6, we will gather in Los Angeles for lunch and curator-led tours of these two exhibitions at the Getty. Paris: Life & Luxury examines the everyday activities of a Rococo Parisian town house, including dressing. The second exhibition, Fashion in the Middle Ages, explores the figures depicted in illuminated pages of medieval manuscripts, which could be recognized at a glance by the clothing they wore.

Please watch your email for a forthcoming registration flyer and be sure to reserve AUGUST 6!

If you missed our last program, Wardrobe as Autobiography: The Charmian London Collection with Jo Ann Stabb on May 14, an overview (with photos) is available here: Historic Costume in California State Parks: Charmian London.

A quick note: As many of you may have seen, this Sunday, June 4th, at 3 pm, the Getty presents "Dressing the Part: Historical Costume in Film." Fashion historian Kimberly Chrisman-Campbell and costume designers James Acheson (Dangerous Liaisons) and Deborah Landis (Indiana Jones) discuss fashion history and its representation in movies. Tickets are free; reserve yours at http://tickets.getty.edu/auto_choose_ga.asp?area=1.

Best,

Heather Vaughan

Program Chair (July 1 2010-June 30 2012)
Western Region Costume Society of America

Blog: www.fashionhistorian.net/blog
Twitter: http://twitter.com/fashionhistoria