Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 18:54:42 -0400
Indigo Nights wrote:

>You may also want to toss this question around on the
>Consultants list on the Charity Channel.
>
>http://www.charitychannel.com/forums

Ooh, I would not do that. There are laws against price fixing and for
that reason professionals are not supposed to discuss this issue with
each other. They will kick it back to you. You all recall the mess witht
the auction giants--Sothebys and Christies--for having those type of
discussions.

I would recommend that you check out Alan Weiss' book "Million Dollar
Consulting." No, it is now about fat fees, although I am sure he does
very well. He is a master at self-marketing. Yet the concepts in his
book are solid and the writing style is very accessible.

Now, if anyone does decide to consult or just learn a lot of great
stuff--definitely check out consultants list and the many other lists on
Charity Channel. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had and it is all
free. And these guys are very generous with information and very caring.
I have made 'friends' with many!

Terri McNichol
Ren Associates