Indigo Nights wrote:
You may also want to toss this question around on the
Consultants list on the Charity Channel.

http://www.charitychannel.com/forums

Ooh, I would not do that. There are laws against price fixing and for that reason professionals are not supposed to discuss this issue with each other. They will kick it back to you. You all recall the mess witht the auction giants--Sothebys and Christies--for having those type of discussions.

I would recommend that you check out Alan Weiss' book "Million Dollar Consulting." No, it is now about fat fees, although I am sure he does very well. He is a master at self-marketing. Yet the concepts in his book are solid and the writing style is very accessible.

Now, if anyone does decide to consult or just learn a lot of great stuff--definitely check out consultants list and the many other lists on Charity Channel. There is a wealth of knowledge to be had and it is all free. And these guys are very generous with information and very caring. I have made 'friends' with many!

Terri McNichol
Ren Associates

--- "Rothman, Jennifer"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I'm curious what the going rate is for museum
consulting, specifically an
hourly rate. The type of consulting I'm interested
in knowing more about
would be evaluation projects, program management,
developing collections
plans or business plans, writing curriculum. I know
that each of those
projects might require different rates and I
understand that every museum
would be different and every consultant would be
different. I guess I'm
just looking for a ballpark range. Any information
would be great.
Thanks, Jen

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
obtain detailed information about the listserv
commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
[log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read "help" (without the quotes).

If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
. The body of the message should read "Signoff
Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job? Try:
Check out the REVISED Got Links, your one-stop portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414 Updated 02/14/02