From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 15:51:10 +0000
The county council-wide Leicestershire Museums, Arts and Records
Services, England, (16 museums and monuments, largew county record office
etc._ and about 200 staff) did precisely than in 1979, and it has worked
very well ever since.   The current Head is Fiona Marshall, Leics. Museums,
Arts and Records Service, The Rowans, College Street, Leicester LE2
0JJ, England, appointed as the second Head in about 1984; though the
founder head, Dr Tony Fletcher is also still with the Service.  This was
written up by me (as the then Director) in the Museum Documentation
Association Cambridge International Conference in 1987 (edited by Andrew
Roberts, 1988).

The text of this - slightly updated - was posted last week as a link from my
Uppsala presentation.  The direct URL specifically for this paper is:

   http://www.city.ac.uk/artspol/mda.html

Patrick Boylan