From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:18:41 -0400
They will wax your steps creating a hazzard and a mess, they endanger pedestrians and discourage visitors, they are lippy and the skate board park will not satisfy them for long.
You can reason & threaten. You can call the police.  If your mayor opposes containing these liabilities on wheels it takes the area community, your board, other businesses and the like getting in his face to be able to do anything effective.  As an employee, you can get on the skaters only to the extent you are supported by your governing body.
As I reminisce about skate boarders I remember how keenly tuned my hearing was to the "whir-chock; whir-chock" of their wheels. I could move pretty darned fast in response although  I should have had the non-emergency police number on speed dial.

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/29/02 10:26AM >>>
not only is there a problem with the art work, there is an extreme liability
if the skate board flys up and hits someone in the head hurting or killing
one of your other patrons.

you will have the time of your life when you are sued for 15 million for a
death of an innocent bystander.

don't coddle the little bastards!

be more than firm.  NO SKATEBOARDS!