Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:05:05 -0500
Actually, you are required to make both your application for exemption and
annual returns available for public inspection without charge at your
principal, regional and district offices during regular business hours. See
the IRS' income tax regulations Section 301.6104(d)-3.

>===== Original Message From Museum discussion list
>The reporter may feel the public has a right to know, a popular notion among
>this employed in the 4th estate. But you are not REQUIRED to provide this
>person with anything. If you are a registered non-profit and the government
>pays 35% or your op budget then that financial information is part of the
>public record and this person, if they know what they are doing as a
>reporter, should be able to get that information without your help.
>Providing the 990 as AAM suggests may help build a better relationship with
>the press and may get this person off your back.
>

>on 7/16/01 09:49 AM, Rena Minar at [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> I have a question.  Has anyone out there had a reporter call to request
very
>> detailed financial information on the Museum?  If so, what did you do?
What

http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/