From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 08:19:05 -0500
The following is an example of what presents itself as a public interest
message crossing the line that separates a notice in the public interest
from private self-promotion.  What appears below is self-serving
advertising, is mildly offensive, and is only slightly more tolerable than
a spam offering for sale time-share condos in Mexico.  Too bad, because the
book looks interesting.

Robert A. Baron
Museum Computer Consultant
P.O. Box 93, Larchmont N.Y. 10538

> I am posting the following on behalf of my Executive Director, Dr. Robert
Janes.

-----------------------------------
                                          **** A N N O U N C E M E N T ****

> Museums are perhaps the last place one would look for radical
organizational
> thinking, but the Glenbow Museum in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, under the
> directorship of Robert R. Janes, is startling the cultural community with

> its innovative and challenging new ways of doing business.  A profile of
> Glenbow's attempts at transformation has been captured in a new book:
> "Museums and the Paradox of Change", by Glenbow Executive Director,
Robert
> R. Janes, recently published by Glenbow.
>
> Janes presents a detailed case study of Glenbow's change process,
described
> with sometimes startling candour.  This case study is complemented by a
> thoughtful essay by Michael Ames, Director of the University of British
> Columbia's Museum of Anthropology in Vancouver, Canada, as well as
> contributions by six museum directors from Canada and Europe, who comment
on
> Glenbow's experience and offer their own insights.  This publication is
> unique in that ten Glenbow staff members, both current and former, also
> offer perspectives on the "human side of change" and what the changes at
> Glenbow have meant to them personally and professionally.

 [stuff deleted]