From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 01:36:26 +0000
Robert:

I see what you mean in your two comments about the posting concerning Dr.
Herve Gagnon's departure from his museum.

However, I read the posting by Harry Isbrucker on behalf of the President
and Board of Directors of the Stanstead Historical Society (where's
that? - somewhere in Canada according to Herve's address) rather
differently.

I suspected immediately that Herve's very recent "resignation" (if
that's what it really was) less than a week after his contributions to the
"volunteer horror stories" series was directly connected to his comments
about the confusion of volunteer and Board roles and Board and Director
roles in an un-named museum - but plainly his own.

Perhaps we now have our first martyr to the Museum-L cause?

For those wanting to look back the (really excellent) searchable Museum-l
archives gives Herve's first contribution  to the "volunteer horror story"
file as Monday 1 February 1999 at 13.21h.  If you then follow the "same
author forward" button on the header you will find two more the same day
and a further horror story on Wednesday 3 February. Alternatively you can
use the search engine on the archive's home page.

For those who have forgotten the Museum-L web archive is at:

        http://home.dc.lsoft.com/archives/museum-l.html

Patrick Boylan