From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 10:37:58 -0500
Hervé Gagnon's museum is in the Eastern Townships of Québec, an hour's drive
south of Montréal.

I very much doubt that any member of his board of directors has a computer,
let alone subscribes to MUSEUM-L and I find it inconceivable that he might
have resigned as a result of having posted two relatively innocuous messages
to this list.

From previous postings Hervé made to the list, I had the impression of a
continuing debate on the future of the museum between Hervé and his Board.

I wish to note that I have written to his museum three times over the past
year, inviting them to develop a partnership agreement with the Canadian War
Museum and to join the more than 130 museums, historic sites and other
institutions to which we will be offering a variety of small exhibitions for
FREE, as well as participation in other joint projects. I have not had so
much as an acknowledgement to any of them. Draw your own conclusion!!!

Martyrdom in the cause of MUSEUM-L? Come, now.

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0M8
Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
Email: [log in to unmask]