From:
Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 08:08:47 -0700
If we could keep this one on list that would be great!
I know that there are alot of groups that deal with
railroad stuff, but I dont know of one in particular
that specifially deals with museums.  I know there is
the station trust here in the US that deals with the
left over buildings (which often become museums).
There is the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum in Strasburg
which is just fantastic.  Go to www.phmc.state.pa.us
and search around it.  They just came out with a
license plate for it.  The railway museum in York,
England is fantastic as well.  Lots of good stuff
going on there.  If those two places can't point you
to a musuem group I dont know who could.  If you find
one, please let me know so I can join!

BTW, the PA museum has a great education program.  Two
words, Model Railroads.  OH! The trolley Museum in
Washington PA is also great, great, great!

Aaron
--- Adrienne Roberts <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> quick question...is there an organization
> specifically dealing with
> railway museums, in either or both USA or Canada.?
> if so, do they have a
> web page?  and could someone give me an example of
> some really good
> railway museums that have a great marketing
> programme/community outreach
> programmes/education programmes.
>
> Thanks
> take care
> adrienne

>      "I can believe that," said Bigwig.  "Efrafa!
> Ants led by a dog! But
> we're not in Efrafa now.  Has he really forgotten
> that he warned us?"
>      "Probably he really has.  But whether or not,
> you'd never get him to
> admit that he warned you or to listen while you told
> him he'd been right.
> He could no more do that than pass hraka
> underground."
>         "But you're an Efrafan.  Do you think like
> that too?"
>         "I'm a doe," said Hyzenthlay.
>                                    Watership Down by
> Richard Adams, p. 390

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Aaron Marcavitch-- [log in to unmask]
Webmaster/Program Assistant