From:
Aaron Marcavitch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 17:01:58 -0800
Laura,

Not that I am an expert by any means but I have
dabbled in this sort of thing and I think the best way
to go about this is by using the program called Flash.
 This program by Macromedia is a great way to create a
dynamic CD with interactivity, movies, and even
hyperlinks to another website where more current
information can be posted.

I think that a CD rom is a great way to do this.
(Imagine a black background with red buttons on the
side that bring up the lessons or a movie with a
curator showing the students what they do...how
exciting! I should copyright that idea!)  Then the cd
could link to the website (using the same general
layout) for more lesson plans and movies.  This way it
keeps the content fresh and not like a driver's ed
movie (shutter).

Educationally I would hope to be stimulated as much as
possible.  (That is what I hope to do with students
when <b>I</b> start teaching.  Make sure they
understand history isn't just history.  Maybe that is
something you should consider as well.  Make sure that
students see that museum work isn't just the art but
is the artists and the people that run it. But I am
sure you have that part of the show under control.)
Stimulations comes through exploring new options.
Everytime they click on that link to the web they will
get to see something new that they didn't see before.

So basically...Flash.  Its expensive.  Its hard to
learn.  Its great to see working though.

And don't forget museums include us historians and
techies!

Aaron

=====
Aaron Marcavitch-- [log in to unmask]