From:
Allyn Lord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:22:36 -0600
>> Can anyone tell me of less costly exhibits (perhaps $500 – 750 for a 6
week run)?

The Rogers Historical Museum tours three traveling exhibits geared for small
and mid-sized history museums.  Each exhibit:

*costs $500 per 6-week booking period (plus shipping to the next venue);
*is geared for 60 running feet of exhibit space (and we encourage museums to
supplement the exhibit with their own or loaned collections); and
* includes shadow-boxed objects on every exhibit panel and a hands-on
feature as part of each exhibit.
Let’s Play: Pastimes from the Past: Go back to the time before television
and computer games, to an era when Americans of all ages amused themselves
with games, sports, hobbies, and a myriad of other pastimes.

What’s Cookin’? Two Centuries of American Foodways: Satisfy your appetite
for learning and fun with this exhibit on American food history from early
hearth cooking to fast-food.

Here Comes the Bride: Weddings in America: Discover the many changes that
have occurred in courting, engagements, and weddings themselves in the 19th
and 20th centuries.

Currently we have one booking period open for both "Let's Play" (August
21-October 4, 2004) and "What's Cookin'?" (July 10-August 21, 2004).
Additionally, in a few weeks we'll be releasing the scheduling for booking
all three exhibits for 2005-06.  If you're interested in receiving
information on our upcoming scheduling, please email me with your contact
information.

(Ms) Allyn Lord
Assistant Director
Rogers Historical Museum