From:
Marissa C Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:31:54 EST
Charles,

Glad I could help!  I feel better knowing that I've made a contribution to the
list and not just tapped everyone else's brains.

In regards to your question, you're way ahead of me in terms of HTML and web
site design -- I am strictly a user -- no programming nor designing experience
at all.  However, thanks to my 11 year-old son whose room is plastered with
color images downloaded from the NBA, NFL and WWWF web sites, I can tell you
how easy it is to borrow web site pictures.

Just go to your favorite web site and point your arrow on the picture that you
want.  Then single click using the RIGHT button on your mouse.  You'll get a
drop down bar that has several options for the picture (you can play around
with those to do lots of stuff).  But for now, choose "Save As" and the screen
will prompt you to save the image like any other document on your hard drive
(or disk, if you prefer).  That's it!

When you're in your wordprocessing or design/layout software, you can open,
place and edit the saved image like any other clip art.  Have fun.

Marissa C. Weaver
Executive Director
America's Black Holocaust Museum
Milwaukee, WI