From:
Marissa C Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 23:11:49 EST
Dear Friends,

My apologies to all the artists who responded on and off list in regards to my
instructions on how to "steal" web images.  A collegue asked a question and I
answered it with no intent to deal with the legalese of the issue -- however
-- my advice to artists concerned about copyright violations would be:  If my
son can download images (he taught me how), coupled with the ease in which
images can be manipulated,  then I don't think that one would be prudent to
put images online that they don't want borrowed from time to time.  Of course,
I don't want this to be misconstrued as a condonement of copyright
infringement, but we must live in reality.

Again, sorry if I offended anyone.

Marissa C. Weaver
Executive Director
America's Black Holocaust Museum