From:
Nicholas Burlakoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:09:38 -0400
Barbara,
I would caution you and your board very earnestly to be cautious about
coming under complete city control. Your institution is already in a
delicate political situation, if y’all became city employees life could get
really strange. For example, you might have to hire the mayor’s daughter for
the position that you are advocating for, or you may lose an employee who
may run afoul of the current (or future) administration. Worst case
scenario, would be if the city took your museum over in order to completely
defund it and save the funds expended. Caveat.
-Nicholas