From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 21:06:00 -0800
If your facility, or any other on this list, is truly concerned about
your accessibility (I'm guessing you mean for people with
disabilities), you may want to ask for someone from the ADA-Law list
to either work with you or refer someone in your area who can.

I'm thrilled (if I'm reading your query correctly), that you are
concerned.  Having hung out in the disability community for about 3/4
of a year now for issues that aren't obvious, I have a newfound
compassion and understanding of the concerns of those with mobility
issues and the like.

If any of you want the link that includes instructions for ADA-Law,
let me know.

---Carol A Klaver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We are in the process of reviewing how accessible we are to the
> public, and what more we can do to better assist our audience.  I'm
> looking for suggestions of museums are superior examples of
> accessible museums, so we can gage how we are doing in comparison to
> other museums.  Thanks in advance.
>
> Carol Klaver
> Discovery Center Curator
> South Carolina State Museum