From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 11:18:37 -0800
There is a safe and more sane way to respond to these rather than to
post them to the list.  I must add that this seems to be the only list
I'm on lately that's doing it, and the spammers seem to have been here
for a while because they picked up a post where I used my personal
email address rather than this freebie site from where I manage mail
and sent the same damn thing there.

First, it bears noting that this particular note is coming to us from
Japan.  With foreign spammers, we may have little or no support in
requesting that they stop because there are no laws on the books or
proposed to protect us.

The best way to handle foreign spammers is for each and every one of
us to IGNORE the posts and say NOTHING to them.  Everyone of us who
responds individually runs the risk of them getting our personal
addresses if we have not otherwise posted to the list.

The way to know where to complain and from where the notes are coming
is to go to this site:

http://www.internic.com

At that site, where it says Domain Search (or something like that), in
the box put the name of the company (the info immediately following
the @ sign into the box and make sure the suffix pull down box is
properly located so that it says com for coms and org for orgs, etc.
Then click on the box to search.

Next examine your findings.  There may be several individuals named
from that company to whom you can protest.  In this case, if you want
to complain about this gentleman's note, I would choose the
Administrative Contact, [log in to unmask]

If enough people complain to the provider, the person's service could
be suspended.

This site is important to remember if you are spammed or cyber stalked
at home.

I come by this information because of my involvement in adoption
search and support matters.  Two years ago, using the tools of the net
and my network of birthmother and adoptee contacts, I found the son I
relinquished to adoption in 1970.

I hope this helps, and I hope folks are discouraged from clogging our
list with ditties about stop and don't do it here.

---Eric Getz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Please do your marketing elsewhere.

==
Indigo Nights