From:
Peta Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 20:34:16 +1100
We conducted a literature search on this issue some years ago and could not
find any studies that clearly show the risks posed by flash photography to
fragile textiles by contemporary flash mechanisms. So we changed our
policy. I would be very interested to learn of referencess to the contrary.

Michael Bogle
Historic Houses Trust of NSW

>I am interested in learning about policies in art museums relating to
>photographs taken inside the facility during special events (weddings,
>meetings, etc.)--and the ongoing debate between collections preservation
>and serving the public in museums.  How do other institutions balance
>these concerns, and is there a good reference that one can use (in the
>interest of preservation) that states clearly the risks posed by flash
>photography to fragile textiles?

Peta Landman, Museums and Galleries Foundation of NSW
429 Riley Street
Surry Hills, Sydney NSW
Australia 2010