From:
Peta Landman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:18:47 +1100
For Chinese engineering/science your friend need go no farther than typing
Joseph Needham into the library catalogue. SCIENCE AND CIVILISATION IN
CHINA ((is it twelve volumes?)
Best wishes.

>Greetings,
>I have a friend who is a civil engineer and is looking for information
>regarding a particular type of chinese built bridge called a rainbow
>bridge.  (ca. 1048 AD)  He is looking specifically for construction
>methods on this bridge.  I figured with the vast and varied amount of
>knowledge compounded from the reader's of this list I would be able to
>find a few leads for him.  Please respond to me directly and thank you
>very much for your time.
>
>P.A. Cegielski

Michael Bogle, Historic Houses Trust of NSW
Peta Landman, Museums and Galleries Foundation of NSW
429 Riley Street
Surry Hills, Sydney NSW
Australia 2010