From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:59:42 -0700
Martha -

No engraving tools!

What if the numbers are changed at some point - or in 50 years these
furnishings are seen as "historic"?

See if the county would go for a bar code system for inventory - there are
many folks on this list that have more knowledge than I on what are the best
ones for collections.

I would find either a wood or metal component of the mule harness to mark
with a small label in an inconspicuous place.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey
Conservator