From:
John Martinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 10:31:55 -0700
Yes, some great ideas.  Instead of swamping the list with spam-type
messages, which
I was already receiving such as the Philanthropy Journal Online.

I brought up that there is no need to broadcast or spam the list with things
each of us can
do on our own.   By doing so, It will help cut down on all the emails that
many of us just delete.
What is it that those who spam with messages think that is OK and the rest
of us who don't
want them can just sit and enjoy deleting them like we have nothing better
to do.  What of those
who have a limited email server that does not allow all those messages or it
fills up the account
where important emails are lost?

Indeed, I was only presenting my opinion on Indigo's good service, and that
the process would
be easier by simply providing the source where the information is, then let
anyone who
wants the information can now go out and get it themselves.  My thanks and
hat is off to her
for providing the http's/website for those who did not have them.

The world use to talk about a heavy paper world, with so much time spent on
doing paperwork.
I was offering suggestions to clean up the list, so numerous subjects and
topics could be
discussed and we didn't have to constantly click that 'delete' key.

My comments had nothing to do with Indigo's worthiness and kindness in
providing the
material, I was simply using the list to agree with the posting of To(m).
Isn't that the propose
of the list -- to get dialogue and discussion?  I was, as I mentioned in
that post, providing
my opinion -- as we all do on this list.   My comments did not degrade or
put down any other
postings, but mentioned the topics and discussions I use to enjoy on the
list years ago (and
there was not the spamming).  It had nothing to do with myself asking
questions or making
inquires or starting an intellectual discussion -- for that I do when the
question surface.
Your on the wrong track there.  ;o)

So relax and calm down, the list will now be free, and people now have the
resources
at their finger tips.