From:
Chris Goodlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 10:37:27 PDT
Christine,

More than likely the answer would be yes.  If a piece is insured for a
certain value, than the insurance company would not give more than the
stated value.

The problem I have always found is that many people ask museums for
appraisal values, which most of us can not do because we are non-profit
institutions.  I think it is of utmost importance to relay to a lender that
if they are loaning a valuable piece and they don't have an idea of its
worth, they need to get it appraised by a licensed appraiser.

Good luck in revising your form.

Chris Goodlett
Curator of Collections
Kentucky Derby Museum