From:
Elizabeth Simon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 2020 16:03:35 -0400
What this "discussion" has shown me, unfortunately, is that people seem to
have forgotten how to discuss anything in a civil and objective manner. I'm
embarrassed by the number of put-downs, the name calling, and the snarky,
self-righteous responses. Perhaps it's a good thing museum professionals
and historians aren't leading this national conversation, although i might
have thought previously that if any group had the knowledge and experience
to do so, this would be it.

Elizabeth Simon