From:
James Tichgelaar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:39:17 -0400
There are a number of city and state organizations that make grants.  I
would start by talking to a reference librarian in your local library
system.  They will have applied to many of these themselves, and may have
subscriptions to databases that you can access to search for grants by
location, amount, and subject.  Also check the major corporations in your
area, as most have a community giving office that can tell you what they
support and help you apply for funds.