From:
Boylan P <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:38:28 +0100
Leslie:

Though I have no direct insight into their relatively new Distance
Learning option, I can tell you that the Leicester University Department
of Museum Studies has been internationally regarded as one of the leading
centres in the world for postgraduate museum studies courses and research
for over 30 years now.  It is one of only half a dozen or so in the United
Kingdom that is externally validation or recognised by both the (official)
UK Cultural Heritage National Training Organisation and by the (UK)
Museums Association for the purposes of both its Associateship and
Continuing Professional Development.

Patrick Boylan
(Chair, ICOM International Committee for the Trianing of Personnel)