From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 09:51:13 -0600
Audra-
I'm sorry that you feel you would be offended, but I used this line for
years and it worked effectively without offending anyone

Although it is true that gift certificates are "money in the bank" so to
speak, but they can become problematic when they are old.  For instance, if
they have them so long that you no longer are using gift certificates, the
format has changed or they are so worn that they are hard to read, it can be
very troublesome for the person working behind that counter.  I'm not saying
you can't take them, but you need to have decided when is a reasonable
length of time.

 Dates on gift certificates are widely used in the retail world with great
success, to encourage people to come sooner rather than later to your store
(or in this case museum).

Again- my apologies for offending you, but I still stand by my statement.
If you don't let them know that the date is there or that you are making an
exception, consumers WILL take advantage of you.  And I know that from years
of experience.
Tracie