From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:39:16 -0600
Terry-

Try these on-line job sites for employment!

Museum Resource Board:
http://www.interlog.com/~joellong/musjobs/musjobs.html
 This site will be very helpful.  I has a link to several job listing sites
through "Job Sites" and also has information about the various careers
available in the museum field. I have found the databases called Aviso
Employment Resources Online and the Museum Resource Board to be the most
helpful although the others are good for specific locations or specialized
jobs.

Global Museum: www.globalmuseum.org
 This site is fantastic.  It has a Career's link that will take you to all
kinds of jobs all over the world.  You can also see information about the
news that is happening around the world in the museum field.

Museum-L list serve
 This list is great.  Jobs are always being posted and if you missed
something don't forget to look at the Musuem-L archives at
home.ease.lsoft.com/archives/museum-l.html

American Associate of State and Local History: www.aaslh.org
 The AASLH also has a job link that is very good, plus you can see what is
happening in the state and history association while you are there.

American Association of Museums: www.aam-us.org
 The AAM is a must for all new museum professionals, although the only real
job link they have is their Aviso online (mentioned above).  They do have
very good job descriptions that you may find helpful.

Society of American Archivists: www.archivists.org/
 This site contains an employment bulletin that is very helpful within the
archival field for those who are looking at that aspect.

Also, other regional associations can help in specific locations!

Good Luck
Tracie

Tracie Evans, Curator of Collections
Stonefield Historic Site, SHSW