From:
Tom Moritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 10:43:12 -0700
There *was* (as already noted here) an extended discussion of this subject on
Museum-L. My recollection is that it occurred in the Fall/early Winter (11/94-
12/94)

The LISTSERV itself *does* maintain an archive of those messages.

A simple (but imprecise) approach is to send a message to

[No subject line]

One line message which says: INDEX MUSEUM-L

[Send it off]

You will receive a list of the archived files by month (something like
LOG9309 or LOG9311)

Send another message to the LISTSERV

[No subject line]

One line message which says: GET [your choice, for ex.: LOG9309]

[Send it off]

You will receive the messsages for that month.

[There are ways to enter actual searches for LISTSERVs but the
way I've described is the simplest approach...]

-- Tom Moritz
   Library/Calif. Academy of Sciences