From:
Great Overland Station <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 10:30:34 -0500
Betsy,

One craft project we did here at the station that was a big hit was the
following:

Items needed - Polaroid Camera and film,  Construction Paper, glue,
glitter,  different colored markers or crayons, scissors, and other
items used for decorating.

Here is how it works.    Have a firefighter in his/her uniform, any
other props are great to have also, (hose, dog, etc.)  Take a picture of
the firefighter and the child and include any other props you might
have.  Have one place in the tent designated for picture taking.  After
the child has his/her picture taken with the firefighter, give the
picture to the child and they go back to a table which has volunteers
and all the glitter, paper, glue, etc. They decorate a piece of
construction paper with glitter, markers, etc. and then glue the picture
to the construction paper.  It ends up looking very colorful with the
glitter, etc, and with their picture on it and the firefighter.  It is a
good reminder of the day they spent with the firefighters.

Hope this helps - the kids loved it.  We had children ages 8 thru 13.

Karen Taylor
Great Overland Station
Topeka,  KS 66618