From:
Kate Mockler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:13:25 -0400
First off, I would like to apologize to the list for accidentally sending everybody my response to Sarah and Caroline's survey regarding guard rails. I tried to stop transmission, but it was too late!

Now, my question. I am trying to help my sister get started on her PhD research. She is interested in children's literature and material culture, particularly that of the 19th century. She asked me this morning if I knew of any museums that had especially strong collections in these areas. She is looking for both quality and quantity. I told her about the Strong Museum in Rochester, NY and about the automatons at the Shelburne Museum, but I couldn't think of any other institutions. If any of you know of one, or work at one, feel free to reply to me off-list. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Kate Mockler
Curator of Collections and Interpretation
Oneida Community Mansion House
Oneida, NY 13421
www.oneidacommunity.com
(315) 363-0745