From:
Tim Gaddie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 13:06:21 -0500
From someone new to the list, and who has been bemused by the vehemence
of the responses to this thread, I'll point out that I don't believe
Stephanie commented on the validity of the message's content, only
whether its context was appropriate to the list serve. Several of you
have pointed out how you think it was on-topic; some of you have further
commented on what she (didn't) say, seeming to assume you know the
intent of her message beyond what was actually stated. Not very
objective for those promoting scientific lines of learning. A lot of
these messages (including prior to her entry to the discussion) have
been so dogmatic that the irony of their support for scientific process
has been thoroughly amusing.

As seems to be the case with most message boards and discussion lists
I've joined, the slanderous side-comments coming from many of the
pro-evolution messages have made for an atmosphere not conducive to a
more open (interesting) discussion (whatever the topic at hand may be).
I'll admit I haven't read all the messages associated with this thread
(because of the sheer volume and because so many were trite and/or
intellectually vulgar), so I'm sure some of you will point out how wrong
I am. But for what it's worth, I'm giving you the impression of someone
who browses the threads but doesn't have the time to religiously (pun
intended) follow them-as I'd guess is true for many of the subscribers.

And for what it's worth, I've not indicated my own views on the
evolution/ID debate itself, so please don't attribute my commentary to
where I fall on that debate.

Wonderful Wednesday,

tim