From:
AMar708811 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 03:51:11 GMT
Hi! I am a graduate student in the Museum Professions Program at Seton Hall
University in South Orange, New Jersey. The program is great because it is
designed in such a way that people who already work in museums (but do not have
advanced degrees) may further their educations without having to stop working
professionally. (You may work during the day, and attend classes at night and
on the weekends). I am currently a Museum Educator, and I'm on the
Admisinstation/Education track. So, I often incorporate the knowledge I have
gained through five years of museum education experience into my course work,
i.e., term papers and exhibition reviews. Also, I often bring materials, like
articles about museum governance, to work. Often, the information I obtain at
school is unfamiliar to my colleagues at the museum. While many have worked in
museums for years, they are often unaware of contemporary discourses and
debates related to museum work. So far, I have taken courses in exhibition
design, art history and conservation. For more information, check out the Seton
Hall home page.