From:
Christina Roach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 17:25:50 -0500
Jessie questioned the movement of a seperation between collections care and
education/exhibition in the modern museums.  I would like to suggest that may
be the case in large museum operations; however, the SMALL historical
societies, etc. are still operated by small staffs.  For example, the
historical society I interned with had two paid employees:  administrative
asst. that handled the historical soc.  and the museum was entirely run by ONE
curator--she takes care of collections, exhibitions, education, coorination of
volunteers, soliciting grants, etc., etc.,  She does everything but the
physical plant stuff.  Is that type of situation an anomaly?

Christina Roach