From:
Christina Roach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 1994 17:38:36 -0500
>We just had a tour by an Elderhostel group that wanted a behind-the-scenes
>tour of our place. I had to talk others into it, even though it was very
>low-impact on the collections (I've seen more damage done by us!). The
>tour was a resounding success with the group, the collections were
>unaffected, and I hope that some of them went away with a more updated
>view of the roles and the functions of the museum. It definitely refreshed
>my understanding of the true purpose of the museum.
>SAlly Shelton

This brings up a related, if not somewhat divergent, point in my opinion.  With
more communication and education of the runnings and funcionings of museum, the
public would better understand what it takes to run a museum.  Maybe be willing
to offer more donations?  Anyway, it would sure keep people from asking, "What
exactly does a [curator] DO?"

Christina Roach