From:
Bernie Frischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 2015 13:36:57 -0500
In fall semester 2015, the School of Informatics at Indiana University,
Bloomington started a doctoral program in Virtual Heritage. We are now
looking for summer internship opportunities for our graduate students in
museum departments such as Conservation, Interpretation, and Exhibition
Design. Ideally, such internships would run for four to eight weeks in
summer 2016.

As background, we define Virtual Heritage as the study of how information
technology can be applied in furtherance of the traditional goals of
cultural heritage professionals: the discovery, recording, restoration,
interpretation, and transmission of three-dimensional human creations from
the small scale of a cylinder seal, vase, or statue to the large scale of a
building, settlement, or cultural landscape. The purpose of our program is
not simply to offer students practical training in the use of 3D tools
(PhotoScan, AutoCad, 3D Studio Max, Zbrush, Sketchfab, etc.) but also to
develop the student’s ability to conceptualize how these tools can be used
to develop compelling new solutions to important problems faced by
professionals in fields such as Conservation, Exhibition Design,
Archaeology, and Architectural History.

Our students can help you digitize a collection of 3D objects such as
statues, pottery, furniture, buildings, etc. They can help you to publish
3D models as interactive assets on your websites. And, of course, they are
eager to learn from you the best practices in your field.

If you are interested in offering a summer internship to one or more of our
students, please contact Prof. Bernard Frischer, Director, Program in
Virtual Heritage, Indiana University. E-mail: [log in to unmask];
cell: (310) 266-0183.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 1:01 PM, William Shepherd <[log in to unmask]

--
Bernard Frischer
www.frischerconsulting.com/frischer

*Permanent Home Address:*
500 East Moss Creek Drive
Bloomington, IN, USA 47401
cell: +1-310-266-0183

*Address of Rome Apartment:*
Via F. Ozanam 75
00152 Rome
Italy
Italian cell: +39-366-895-2609   [*as of July 18, 2015*]
Rome tel.: +39-06-537-3951

*Office at Indiana University (after August 1, 2013)*
School of Informatics
919 East 10th Street
Room 200
Bloomington, IN USA 47408
---------------------------------
Skype: bernard.frischer

IMPORTANT: This email (and any attachments) is intended for the use of the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that
is confidential. The recipient is obligated to maintain it in a safe,
secure and confidential manner. Unauthorized redisclosure or failure to
maintain confidentiality may subject you to legal  penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify us by return email and delete
this message from your computer.