From:
Laurie Pinyot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 1994 09:36:04 EDT
I would like to hear from anyone who has, or has visited, a
museum shop that is doing a good job selling memberships in
the shop -- with some sort of packaging or point-of-purchase
displays other than just having membership applications at
the cash register.

I'm particularly interested in promoting gift memberships as
an item for sale during the upcoming holidays.

(For example...last year while visiting Detroit Institute of
Arts I saw a very nice display in an acrylic/glass enclosed
case of a membership package) - is anyone else doing this, and
what other ideas have you come up with.

THANKS in advance for any ideas you can share.

Laurie Pinyot, Membership    | The Carnegie Museums of Art, Natural History,
412-622-3322, Pittsburgh, PA | Science Center & The Andy Warhol Museum