From:
"R.B. Wilkins" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 1996 15:51:43 -0700
> On Tue, 9 Apr 1996, DOWNS, Trish wrote:
>
> Would anyone like to discuss with me the implications of exhibitions on the
> internet? For example, 2D images versus 3D images; possible impact on public
> programs; general impact world wide (eg increased access);; what sort of
> exhibitions are/could be in existence, etc; what impact would internet
> exhibitions (images of objects)  have on the museum's unique'drawcard'
> (access by the public to the 'real thing').

This is a very interesting topic to me. I am a fine arts undergrad, but
my career skills lead me in the way of computers. I am a self professed
computer geek, and I love it. With my recent experience in museums I have
come across many questions about museum web pages (especially the copyright
issues) that I cannot answer. I work as a web page designer so I would like
to persue this topic so that I can use the information later to answer
potential clients questions.

I can say that there is no comparison when it comes to actually seeing
the objects in the museusm, however I do think that it is handy to have
the material available for refrence and research. That (to me) is the main
pull to having a web page- to distribute information (not to replace it)
freely to all those who want to find out about it.

R.B. Wilkins

                                     O-