From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 10:05:08 -0500
Carrie-
I'm not sure I understand your question....maybe I'm trying to make it too
complex.

1)I create a map of each room/area and give each unit, case, shelf, etc a
number,
2)On my inventory sheet I record the location at the top and only use one
sheet per location
3) On the inventory sheet, we always record the item #, description, and
condition.
4) If the area is very complex, I record on the map when each area is
complete
5) Once an area is complete, I reconciling the information ASAP and file the
forms by room/exhibit

I would be happy to share our procedures with you or discuss the process I
use.  I have done many, many inventories of both the current collection I am
working with and also at the last museum which has a very large and complex
collection.

Tracie Evans
Collections Manager
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum