From:
"James E. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 16:25:30 -0500
> I think that digital imaging will some day replace photography in
> conservation. ...

I hope this is some day the case.  Right now are digital images are handy
because of the instant processing, but without a good deal of "virtual
conservation" in Adobe Photoshop the images are usually off color and show
only minor detail.  But, like all of our camera work it seems to improve as
we take more and more pictures and buy more and more lighting equipment.

James E. May
Curator of Fine Arts
Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites