From:
thomas w kavanagh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:11:40 -0500
Listeros,

My solution for hanging textiles in general (although I have used it only
for Navajo textiles and quilts) is not a sleeve, which involves sewing
into the original textile, but is a multi-padded clamp. I wrapped two thin
slats of wood ([thats what I had when I first did this] although strips of
plexi might be better) in muslin and then spaced padded carpenter's clamps
2' apart along the length. The clamps had clips which attached to
corresponding clips on the wall. While carpenter's clamps might not be, of
themselves, aesthetic, they're not the focal point of the exihibit, and if
done well, they won't even be noticed.

tk