From:
Cass Karl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2011 09:09:19 -0600
We are a Nonprofit Museum located in a building that is maintained by the
City of Mission.  We have a seven voting member board.  There are several
ex-officio board members as well, but they are not required to attend every
board meeting.  All are volunteer- they receive no monetary compensation or
reimbursements.  We do provide board members with a meal at board meetings
as well as occasional "gifts", such as a copy of the history book we
recently published or our newly designed T-shirt.  This is done primarily
to ensure that all board members have reviewed publications and to allow
them to essentially advertise for the museum by showing off the items to
friends and family without having to incur any cost. Our annual 501c3
budget is about $40K/year (facility and some basic operating costs are not
included, as they are paid by the city).

Casandra Karl
Director,
Mission Historical Museum