From:
Terri McFadden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 10:39:12 -0400
I was a member of union for ten years - for the last year  I was a union
rep.  This union represented the rights of museum workers (and others) at
Harvard.  It was intent on working closely with both the university and
workers in order to ensure a productive working relationship.  The Union
negociated contracts, improving salaries and benefits, worked to improve
communications between workers and management.  When people had problems
with supervisors they could call on the Union to assist by giving advise or
by sitting in on meetings.  It was a wonderful feeling to know you weren't
alone.

Terri McFadden
Museum Education Coordinator
Beverly Historical Society