From:
Judith Koke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 1994 21:06:44 -0400
Greetings!
Has anyone had any experience (positive or
negative) with museum mascots?  Are they useful in
creating a 'presence' in the community? Or are they
simply an expensive marketing tool?  Can they be
developed to link the community with gallery/museum
spaces and thus become an interpretive device?
It seems lots of museums are developing mascots,
and I'm curious about the benefits to a potentially
costly committment.
I'd love to hear your opinions.  Reply personally
or to the list. Hurry, before I lose more sleep!
Thanks,
Judy Koke [log in to unmask]